Pre-Departure Post

I leave for Greece tomorrow with NAU Study Abroad. There, I will be volunteering in camps and learning about the Refugee Crisis. In preparation for this program, my peers and I have read book excerpts and articles, watched Ted Talks and documentaries, and participated in discussion posts to share our thoughts. While this program is only 4 weeks long, I am sure I will learn a lot, as I already have. I'm excited to begin working towards a cause that I strongly believe in. Hearing about the refugee crisis and all the individuals who have been displaced as a result of violence and poverty has made me want to do something to help. When I asked the question, "what can I do to help?", this program answered. We will be visiting three sites during this time, which include Athens, Serres, and Lesvos. In this post, I have included a picture of life jackets along the shores of Lesvos. These are from some of the refugees who have crossed to Greece by boat, and it represents the severity of the problem at hand.

Image result for lesbos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 25, 2019

June 9th 2019

June 11th, 2019