June 12, 2019

So far, this has been a much needed break. In the morning, we went down to the beach -- a mere 10 steps from our front door. I laid out in the sun and read Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut while I sipped on some lemonade and listened to the sea. I was in heaven. I took one final swim out to where my feet could no longer touch the sea floor. It was a very liberating feeling, and the sea was refreshing. We all took the boat back to Thessaloniki, grabbed some lunch, and checked in at the bus station. After getting back into Serres, I took some time to be by myself so that my mind could feel as re-energized as my body. I washed off the day, thought a bit about the book I had recently finished, and painted. It all felt very meditative.

White Tower in Thessaloniki

Agria Triada Beach

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 9th 2019

June 11th, 2019

June 25, 2019